The finals of the 2019 First Coast Classic are upon us here at bestbet Jacksonville. A great group of greyhounds will be taking to the track and vying for the cash and crown in the 11th race on Saturday evening, November 9th. Unlike most events, almost all of the ones this race are breakers and rushers, so it is going to be crowded at the first turn. This could come down to post, who breaks best, and who doesn’t find trouble. Let’s take a closer look at the finalist.
- Arkans Tt Cali (Defrim Bale* – T’s Hanky Panky) might just be running the best of her career in the stake rounds. She never missed the money and was a force around the lead in all of her efforts. A little overmatched maybe in this final, but the rail post could be an equalizer. She must break well to have any chance to win.
- Pat C News (Rico’s Vintage – Pat C April Oak) is no doubt about it, the one to beat in this effort. Undefeated in the rounds, he is a rushing, stealing length, holding on machine! He won the puppy stakes in 2019 as well. He will be unabated to the early lead the real question might be… Can he hold on at the wire and win another stakes final?
- Saber Bryce (Barcelona Boss – Hogg Hannah) was a back to back winner heading into the finals and draws a great inside post as well in this effort. He too has good early speed and will break, rush, and should challenge the leaders early and often. Running his best near the lead, this pup must show up early, and follow News to the turn in order to contend.
- Pat C Kudos (Pat C Clement – Pat C April Oak) backed her way into the finals after she started off the with wins in rounds number 1 and 2. She has good early speed, when she remembers to break, and could factor if she comes to run early from a post that has an empty box next to it. She is not the greyhound she was in her youth, but still a threat tonight.
- Big Backlash (Barcelona Boss – B’s Elite Wendy) is a strong rusher that can be a major force on the front end once he gets there in any race. This pup also won races in the first two rounds and is better than he gets credit for. The midtrack post might not do him any favors here, as he tries to rebound after a tough semi-final effort.
- Lee Liam (Sh Avatar – Lee Opera) will be the other favorite in this race. Super-pup has won 11 of 14 efforts and has never finished out of the money in his career. He is the real deal and could easily win this effort if he gets loose early on. He will have to find room early, rush hard, and stay out of trouble here if he hopes to run down the leader and take home his 1st stakes win.
- Lk’s Alexis (Lk’s Vespar – Plover Drive) is the stakes winner that no one is talking about. She won the 2019 Redemption Stakes and best Pat C News in that final with a strong box to wire effort. She is oh so tough on top and will be headed inside at the break again tonight. If she can pull off another hole shot at the start on this field, she might just be upset minding in this effort.
- Tmc’s Skatman (Time Flies – Tmc’s Mcjosalyn) is the only true closer in this field and draws a pretty good post tonight. We all know he will be behind early on, but if there is trouble at the turn, no one in this race is better suited to capitalize on it than Skatman. Frankly it is an uphill battle for him as he will be too far back too early but making the money at the wire could be an option.
Now let’s talk about how this race plays out. As the box opens, I see Pat C News doing what he does best, beating the box, coming to run, and outrushing all the rest to the front end. He will not be alone though as Lk’s Alexis comes to run and so does the other upstart Saber Bryce. Lee Liam will be finding room as well as he lets Alexis down to the rail and takes up a lane on the midtrack part of the racetrack. As the hit the turn, News will be in the lead as Liam jets into place right off his hind quarters. The other early speeders, Bryce and Alexis in close proximity behind them. Down the backside the lead duo go as Liam slowly chips away at News’s lead. By the far turn they are heads apart and down the stretch it turns into a who wants it more race. News digs in tough, but the pup is just too much and overtakes the vet for the slim win at the wire. Saber Bryce outduels Alexis for the best of the rest crown at the wire. (6-2-3-7)
Remember that bestbet Jacksonville will be running fan favorite 2nd chance drawings, where you can turn your losing tickets into winning ones with a $20 voucher. Make your reservations early as you will not want to miss out on the fun this Saturday evening at bestbet Jacksonville.