Its that time again. Time for the richest race of the year here at bestbet Jacksonville. The 2019 edition of the $45,000 James J Patton Silver Cup will run on Saturday evening March 9th in the 11th race. Not in recent memory can you say that a race is more wide open. Any of the finalist could take the win at the wire if they show up and do just what they need to do to win. Whether you like youth, experience, early speed, late speed, posted greyhounds, or top kennels, we have you covered in this final. Let’s take a closer look at each finalist and just how I see this race playing out.
Race 11 Saturday evening March 9th – Finals JJP Silver Cup
- Easi Gus Perry (Seldom Told – Easi Celtic) is on of only a couple of closers in this race, but he is not coming to come from off the tailgate if he wants to win. He has to break close too. Winning twice in the rounds, he knows how to get it done and the post could be to his liking as well.
- Tmc’s Tyme Flys (Gigawatt – Tmc’s Moneymaker) is a dual threat greyhound that can win with, or without, the early lead in any race. He is still just a pup but has the never give up attitude that you see with more experienced greyhounds. Will have to over come the rail post to contend.
- Pat C Sly Murry (Pat C Clement – Pat C Deception) is another outstanding young start here at bestbet that also won twice in the rounds. A good mix of stalking a closing at his disposable, and you can’t forget about that 20 race in the money streak he has going. If close, he threatens.
- WW Mind At Rest (Pat C Clement – Ww’s Death Row) is an early speed threat than runs her best when she can get to the lead. It might be a big road to hoe though as there are several others here that can flat out fly early too. Veteran has skills, 17 of 20 in the money, must beat the box to have a shot.
- Pat C Zoe (Kc And All – Pat C Dark Senia) is a breaking monster that is tough to catch once she gets her nose in front in any races. She started out the year with 6 wins in a row, and has 9 so far this year, including a pair in the rounds. She must break to win, but that is just what she does!
- All About Doeboy (Kiowa Leer Loyd – Br’s Shadow) had just 11 starts at the beginning of the stakes, and now after 2 wins, is a finalist. This pup has all the goods and loves the outside part of the racetrack. If he doesn’t get squanched at the break, he could run off and hide tonight.
- Js Range Rover (Pat C Sabbath – Ch Keepin Faith) might just be the only greyhound to be able to beat Zoe to the early lead. He too has tons of experience, 6 stakes, 3 finals, and enough break to see the clean air up front. He pays for it late, short in the stretch, so he might need some help behind if he wants to win.
- Dutch Audrey (Superior Panama – Dutch Hilary) won two rounds and put up a MONSTER effort in her 30.19 second clocking. Here she draws great as she loves it wide and gets extra room to rush with the 7 clearing the way. She needs to seize this opportunity and prove why she was the point leader in qualifying.
Like I said before this race is WIDE, WIDE OPEN! I really believe that anyone can win this race if they bring their best effort, but you have to make decision, so let’s get started.
I see the lure coming around the turn and as the box opens up, the early speeders do just what they are programed to do, BREAK. In a hurry Js Range Rover and Pat C Zoe both hit the lid and come flying out fast to challenge each other for the early lead. As Range Rover moves inside as they rush to the turn, Dutch Audrey gets room to rush early and finds herself within stalking distance as they head to the first turn. Also, in close proximity is All About Doeboy, who is following Audrey and Easi Gus Perry and Pat C Sly Murry from the inside. At the turn the speed still leads and it is Zoe that takes over at the top spot as they round the turn and turn down the backside. She is still in control as Rover pressing and the rest of the field is nipping at Rovers heels as they continue on toward the far turn. There Zoe lead has shrunk as the stalking closers as making a move to try and get to her before the finish line. Down the stretch she will head with the lead, but will it be enough to get her a win? In the end, I don’t think so. Too much power heading home for her to survive as she didn’t steal enough early on. She runs game till late, but Dutch Audrey will be just too much for her in the deep stretch. So will her kennelmate Pat C Sly Murray, and maybe even the big closer Easi Gus Perry. All in all, a game hard trying effort, but just not quite enough to hold on for the win. Picks – Dutch Audrey (8), Pat C Sly Murray (3), Pat C Zoe (5), Easi Gus Perry (1)
Remember not to miss out on our second chance drawings and the MAD MAD MONEY MACHINE! Loads of free cash to be given away on Saturday evening at bestbet Jacksonville. So, grab your friends, make some plans, and spend a great evening at the racetrack watching, wagering, and winning on the finals of the 2019 $45,000 James J Patton Silver Cup!