Another stakes final is upon us and we get a great looking field of puppies to bet on. No doubt you had to be on top of your game just to get into the mix, as 6 of the 8 greyhounds in this final won 2 or more races in qualifying, including the top 3-point getters that won 3 of their 4 qualifying efforts. In this final we have a little bit of everything for the greyhound racing fan. Great stories to tell. The big-time stakes finalist that is still searching for that ever-elusive title. The pup running above his pay grade as of late with a chance to win. The untouchable force that won her first 9 races in a row. The consistent competitor who is always in the money. The newcomer that no one early saw making this final. The tough on top runner that flashed early and needs to wake up. The monster breaking in that is still searching for that form again. And finally, the only closer in the field that could run everyone down if there is any hiccups in this effort. Let’s check out this final round field and how we here at bestbet think this race is going to play out.
- Lk’s Black Gold (Jack’s Big Lad – Lk’s Live Wire) is the class of this field as she is competing in her 5th stakes final here at bestbet. She has done everything but win one, and she is long overdue for a photoshoot after the race. She has won more races in grade A, than some of the greyhounds in this field have starts. From this favorable post, this race is hers to lose!
- Lk’s Berry Frost (Jack’s Big Lad – LK’s Flawless) is the hottest greyhound headed into this final round field with 3 wins in a row and 5 victories in her last 6 efforts. She is blazing out of the starting box and will need to be again tonight as she has not faired well from this starting post in the past. She is peaking at the right time and seems better than her past lines. Staying frosty!
- Se’s Fast Fanny (Djays Octane – Se’s Real Mccoy) is the greyhound that went straight to grade A without a loss at the start of her career but has flattened off a bit afterwards. In the rounds she found some of that mojo as she never finished out of the trifecta and was never more than 2.5 lengths off a winner at the wire. Fanny is in tough here and will need to break to contend.
- Jedi Auntie Pho (Deerfield Mover* – Jedi Freckles) is the phenom of the group. She has the best raw speed of the bunch and can go to the lead or come from off the pace to run you down. She won her first 9 official starts, and that includes 3 rounds of the stakes. She is as fast as she wants to be but will need a lane early to rush in order to have a shot to win. She is the real deal!
- Arkans Linx (Gable Sour Cream – Arkans Minx) is the greyhound that might be the biggest surprise in the field. It took forever for her to break her maiden, but sometimes experience cannot be overlooked. She has been an up and down threat, that took her game to another level in qualifying. Best when on or near the lead, from a tough post, she must hit the lid here.
- Kentucky Rich (Pat C Clement – Kentucky Fire) is the Rodney Dangerfield of this race. He’s the only male, and he just keeps getting overlooked. He might not be flashy, but he is always in the money, 22 of his last 24 starts, including a run of 7 in a row in the quiniela. Winning in the Semis to get here, he has the confidence, and the breaking speed to pull off the upset tonight.
- Lk’s Hopscotch (Pat C Sabbath – Lk’s Mandrianna) is the best closer in the field and really the only one that can come from well off the pace to get it done late. She too is a bit over her head here, but she did manage to post up a pair of wins in qualifying. Not lying, the post position for her in this race is rough, so she needs to find room inside and be closer early tonight.
- Craigie Zuri (Kc And All – Delightful Mary) started off the stakes with a bang, and back to back wins, but has since cooled off a bit and needs to get back to breaking in this effort. She is not a one trick pony and can close as well on occasion. She loves it outside and the post should be a big-time plus for her in this effort. She must find her break and mojo, for a shot tonight.
As “RUSTY” rounds the corner and box opens up in the 1th race on the card, I think it is going to get crowded in a hurry in this effort. We have a ton of early speeders, and this is a stake race final, so I know they are all going to show up. Out fast will be the inside part of the racetrack, as Lk’s Berry Frost and Lk’s Black Gold go head to head in a battle royal for the lead. Kentucky Rich will also be in contention as Jedi Auntie Pho does enough to out break Se’s Fast Fanny and sneak into the vacated rail spots in order to get room to rush. As they pass the finish line the firs time round, Lk’s Berry Frost and Lk’s Black Gold are heads apart and driving ahead of the rest the turn. Kentucky Rich is just off in show as Jedi Auntie Pho starts to shift gears. By the turn, the sure experience and power of Lk’s Black Gold gets her to the front just ahead of Berry Frost and Kentucky Rich. Pho is looking for room and is making up ground on the leaders. Down the backside they head, but here is where things are going to start to change a bit. Black Gold draws away from the rest and stakes out a couple of a length lead over the competition. Berry Frost is chasing franticly but is failing in trying to keep up. Auntie Pho has found room and surpassed Kentucky Rich and is setting her sites on the leaders. By the far turn Lk’s Black Gold is easily in the lead, but the race is not over yet. Auntie Pho has picked off another rival and if flying around the far turn in a last-ditch effort to get the leader before the wire. Turning for home, Lk’s Black Gold is still in the lead, Auntie Pho is gaining with every stride and everyone knows it is going to come down to a tight finish. The race is on, one of the two will take it home, and in the next little bit we will know just who that is. Black Gold digs in deep on top, headed for the wire, as she has done so many times in a stakes final. Another chance to win, but Pho is not going away anytime soon. Trying to survive the stretch, she does all she can, but with one final surge she sees her dreams evaporate once again. Auntie Pho will a tremendous late drive, sneaks by at the wire, wins in a photo to break Black Golds heart once again. Early leader Lk’s Berry Frost loses the battle for show as Kentucky Rich wins that out in the stretch. (4-1-2-6)
Loads on talent will be on display, and we will find out just what storyline plays out at the wire, on Saturday evening June 2nd, but that is not all that is happening. For the people at the event we will be featuring loads of cash and prizes to give away. It’s the return of the every popular, Mad, Mad Money Machine, along with our Dash For Cash promotion, that focuses on the just who is going to win the race, yep you must pick the winner, and we will draw names from that box for a cool cash prize. There will also be 2nd chance drawings, where you can turn your losing tickets into winners, and drink specials too. Don’t be left out in the cold! Grab your buds, make you reservations, and be here for a great time at bestbet Jacksonville! I’ll see you at the races!