Saturday evening will feature not just another stakes event, the finals of the 2017 bestbet Sprint Classic, but one that could prove to have some interesting things to write about come Sunday. This is a powerhouse event with a load of talented greyhounds looking to come out at the wire with the cash and hardware. Plenty of things could happen like some greyhound getting redemption for missing last time out in the finals, someone setting another track record, someone getting their 60th win at bestbet, someone getting their first ever stakes win in just 1 try at stakes competition, someone winning a stakes final in just their 9th career start, and even someone that could repeat as the champion in the second straight year. There are plenty of storylines to follow, so let’s take a closer look at the finalist, and the race, and see if we can get you cashing some tickets on Saturday evening August 5th at bestbet Jacksonville.
Finals of the 2017 bestbet Sprint Classic
Race 11 – Saturday evening August 5th, 2017
1. LK’s Freestar (B’s O’Grady – Lk’s Danika) is the best early speed greyhound in the race and gets a great one box to break from. She might just be the one to catch in this effort, the problem is that there are several that can get the job done at the wire. She does have a chance to win here, if she can get some help behind her. Last time out in red, she won!
2. Gs Humongous (Pat C Game Face – Gs Ashlynn) is better that he ever gets credit for and is tough on the late lead when he can get there. He won twice in qualifying and has proven that he can wire fields of greyhounds to win. The post helps, but like several other early speeders, he can be short late as well. With 11 wins out of 13 tries from the lead at the far turn, he must break on top to have a chance here.
3. Hey Hey Daddy (Tmc’s Remedy – Need A Date) what more needs to be said then.. He was the winner of this race last year and is in the finals again this year. Daddy is as fast as she wants to be and draws a good inside post here in this effort. She can be dominating with the early lead, but she can come from off the pace as well to get things done at the finish line. If she decides to break, she will be tough to beat tonight.
4. Mrl Bold Ego (Js Im Seein Red – Mrl Booby Trap) is a strong closing puppy that stepped up in the semi-finals with a win to make it into this race. He has really come into his own in his last couple of races, but tonight is a different story against some of the biggest powerhouses that bestbet can provide. He will have a tough task ahead of him in this effort, especially if he sits in the box too long at the break.
5. Real Good Feelin (Tmc’s Remedy – Need A Date) is the track record holder that has won 59 races at bestbet. She is as fast as she wants to be and can win races from the front end and from off the pace as well. She gets a tough starting box here, but should outbreak the 4 and might just have room to rush the turn tonight. She has had tough trips in her last two finals, and is overdue for a big effort. If she gets loose early, I don’t think anyone here can run with her in the open.
6. Pure Sensation (Djays Octane – Heavenly Bale) is the best puppy in the country right now. Winning 7 of 8 starts, including 3 rounds of the stakes, this point leader is the real deal and can beat anyone when he wants to. Not a lot to go on for experience, but if he can get the job done at the wire, he will set even more records here at bestbet Jacksonville. He is already the least experience wise to make a final, and the least experienced to lead in points in qualifying, and with a solid break and room early, he might just complete the trifecta with the least experienced to win a stakes title.
7. Ww Mind At Rest (Pat C Clement – Ww’s Death Row) backed into the finals after a pair of gem box to wire wins in the row. Needing to find her mojo now, Mind At Rest, knows how to step up when needed. She was just 3rd in the finals of the Battle of the Sexes race, and was the fastest greyhound in qualifying at 30.38 seconds. Her key to success is her break, so she needs to hit the lid again tonight if she stands a chance at winning.
8. Watch Me (Flying Coal City – Barts Anxious) is just looking to be a neck better in this effort than the finals of the Battle of the Sexes race where he finished second. Ideal post position here away from the crowd and room for him to get out of the box and rush the turn. Like the other early speeders, he is short late too and it could harm him again in this effort. He could win on the lead though and that is if he can get there. A big break is needed, but don’t overlook him here.
Ok here is how I see the race playing out. At the break, we all know that Lk’s Freestar, Watch Me, and Gs Humongous should all come to run. Each will make their way toward the front, but it should be Freestar that leads the early way. Watch Me should be staking with the middle of the field looking for position as they start the drive up the frontstretch. Freestar should grab control as they get to the turn with Watch Me pressuring close behind. Pure Sensation and Hey Hey Daddy will be in the next tier chasing the leaders followed by the rest of the field behind them. Down the backside Freestar continues to push the pace as Watch Me and the chasers draw even closer. By the far turn, the lead is Gone for Freestar as the closers will be a coming. Watch Me takes over the late lead heading into the stretch, but he will have to deal with the closing Pure Sensation and Hey Hey Daddy, along with the off the pace late flyers Real Good Feelin and Mrl Bold Ego. Down the stretch they come, Pure Sensation digs in deep, finds that late powerful stride, and finds a way to battle past the lead before the finish line. Watch Me settles for place as Hey Hey Daddy is close behind in third. Real Good Feeling outcloses the rest for the finals spot in the superfecta at the wire. So, I like (6-8-3-5) in this final.
Good luck and Safe Racing to all, and remember it is your last chance to play greyhound Bingo, and 2nd chance drawings, this summer as this Saturday evening will be the conclusion of our Greyhound Summer promotion. So, grab your friends, make you plans, watch, wager and win, on the best greyhounds around this Saturday evening here at bestbet Jacksonville.