Another great stake event at bestbet Jacksonville is upon us! The 2017 edition of the Battle of the Sexes will take place on Saturday evening July 1st in the 11th race on the card. It will be the top 4 Females vs. the top 4 Males in this contest, but it won’t be the only attraction on the card. Saturday will kick off our 2nd Double Quiniela wager, that comes in race 4 and 5 in addition to the normal one in races 14 and 15, and you know we will be offering our fan favorite greyhound BINGO and 2nd chance drawings for this special night. So, don’t be left out in the cold! Make your plans and get your reservations early as this place is going to be packed!
Let’s take a closer look at our contestants and see if we can get you cashing some tickets in the finals of the 2017 Battle of the Sexes!
1. Boc’s Queen Lady (Kc And All – Boc’s Snow Queen) this Ironhound Stakes winner can get it done over any distance and is best when the lights are shining brightest. Ideal post, can close, must break and be in the conversation early on if she wants to contend for another title.
2. Flyin Kryptonite (Flying Titanium – Flying Zinc) is an early speed monster that can wire fields for fun when he can get his nose in front. Stepped up when needed and secured a spot in the finals after back to back out of the money efforts. Must break to have a chance here.
3. Ww Mind At Rest (Pat C Clement – Ww’s Death Row) is a monster puppy that is getting better with every start. IN 12 career trips, she has been in the quiniela 9 times, including a big time win in the semi-finals. A stalking threat, she should be a force throughout once again.
4. Cj’s Sadie (Flying Coal City – Gretchen Oswalt) is the best breaker at the racetrack when she is on, but holding on late to score W’s has always been her weakness. She is short late, but could see the lead once again in this effort. Can she steal enough to hold on in the money?
5. Watch Me (Flying Coal City – Barts Anxious) had won 6 straight races before surrendering late in back to back trips. He might be the only one that can beat Sadie to the turn here, and he will need it if he wants to get back winning. The current class of the field, if he is on, he wins.
6. Ww Jackpot (Kc And All – Kiowa Ww Kitty) Squeaked his way into the finals with a 4th place effort last time out. This consistent chaser has a bit of a close to him on occasion, but is really overmatched in this final. If he is going to pull off the upset, he needs the planets to be aligned.
7. Ww Next Bigthing (Bella Infrared – Wwk Big Money) was the recent puppy stakes winner and he is looking for another title in this one. Posted well, he is a threat early and late, and once he gets his nose in front, he is almost unbeatable. He has the tools, back to back could happen.
8. Pullanallnighter (Kc And All – Rain Over Me) was also a puppy stakes winner, but that was over a year ago. She has found some fresh legs in these rounds and the return of her big breaking ability has been a difference maker for her. If she makes the most of the post, maybe a winner!
Now for how this race is going to shake out on Saturday evening July 1st at bestbet Jacksonville.
The lure will come flying by the box and when he opens it is going to be an all-out battle, not only of the Sexes, but for the early lead in this effort. For sure Cj’s Sadie and Watch Me should be leading the way from the middle of the racetrack, but Ww Next Bigthing and Pullanallnighter from the outside, and Flyin Kryptonite, from the inside, will be right there too. As the drive up the front stretch. Watch Me should put his nose in front and take over control of this effort. Sadie will be chasing as Next Bigthing finds room to rush wide, as Flying Kryptonite moves up the rail and is just off the leaders. Stalking that pace is the rest of the field, but it is at the turn where we see things start to happen. As they round the bend and come into the backside. Watch Me has separated from the rest and is starting to breeze in the open air up front. Sadie, after being passes is already started to drift back as Ww Next Bigthing and Flying Kryptonite chase the pace set by the leader. Boc’s Queen Lady saves ground on the rail and hugs around the normal bump and grind that is going on in the turn. Watch Me continues to the far turn on the lead, but the lengths are getting shorter as the fields is catching up. By the stretch call it is down to just a length of so, and it is going to be an interesting run for the title. Down the stretch they run and it will be an all-out BATTLE for the win! Watch Me digs in deep and makes them all work hard, but the chasers are not retreating. Next Bigthing is closing with every stride as Flying Kryptonite tries to hold ground over the gaining Boc’s Queen Lady on the rail. Down to the final few stride and it is too close to call as they all hit the wire in a heated battle. When the smoke clears, Ww Next Bigthing proves best as Watch Me gets edged out late once again. Flyin Kryptonite is just off in third as Boc’s Queen Lady gave her all late, but just managed the final spot in the superfecta. (7-5-2-1)