Another exciting stakes race final is upon us, and this time around we get to see the best puppies at the racetrack battle it out for the title, the crown, and the cash in the 2016 bestbet Puppy Stakes. Normally there is a greyhound that everyone thinks is going to win, here the race is WIDE OPEN! Seven of the eight greyhounds in the final won 2 of the 4 qualifying rounds, and 5 of the 8 greyhounds were 4 or more lengths clear of the rest in one of those victories. Loads of talent, early rush, raw speed, and even a closer or two dot this effort, so we are not only in for an exciting race, it should be an exciting finish too. Let’s take a closer look at the finalist and how the race might play out on Saturday evening June 4th in the 11th race on the card.
Finals of the 2016 bestbet Puppy Stakes
- Be Limitless (Pat C Clement – Flying Kwan) Still just a pup, but couldn’t have drawn a better post position than the one he has here in the finals. His last effort was a personal best from this post and he gets it again here. He must break if he wants to win this effort.
- Ww’s Holy Grail (Ww’s Cowboys – Ww’s Shamrock) Showcases the best early speed in this race and draws a phenomenal post position here near the rail. Everything is going right to start this race for another pure puppy, but she needs to show up and steal a bunch early in order to have a shot tonight.
- Pat C Dashboard (Pat C Clement – Pat C Abba) is a strong closer that can get out of the box well and dominate fields on occasion. This pup likes the inside to midtrack posts and should be right at home here. In order to contend for a chance at the title, he must be to closer early on.
- Pat C Funkie (Pat C Clement – Pat C Rhapsody) is probably the best closer in this race and has scored over 660 yards before in his career. He will not be around early on, so don’t look for him to the turn, but late he will be making up ground and could factor if all goes his way here.
- Js Great Escape (Pat C Clement – Js Victorious) is the most seasoned of the greyhounds in this race and has won more top class races than anyone else in this field. She has the early speed to wire the field on the front end, but can be caught late on occasion too. I big break is a must for her in this effort.
- Ww Standardissue (Ww’s Cowboys – Ww’s Shamrock) needs to forget his last race and get back on track in this effort. He is tough as can be if he is close early on, the only drawback here is the post position. He will have to break better than last time out if he stands any chance.
- Rams Big Dan T (Djays Octane – Rams Dakota Rose) is the surprise of the finals. Just a D heading in, this greyhound really impressed throughout the rounds. He is tough when he gets room to run, and the post will do nothing but aide his efforts tonight. If he gets loose early, it could be upset time.
- Pat C Outbounds (Pat C Valdes – Pat C Go Ahead) is the only greyhound in this final with stakes racing experience. He tons of experience, he can win with or without the lead, and he draws a pretty darn good post position to start this one from. Things are set up for him, all he has to do is seize this opportunity tonight.
Ok so here is how I see the race playing out. No doubt in my mind as the lure rattles through the far turn and the box comes open that Ww’s Holy Grail and Js Great Escape are going to show up and run. The best two early speeders in this race will rush out strong and set the pace as they head up the frontstretch. I think the posted greyhounds will also factor early on. Pat C Outbounds on the outside and Be Limitless on the inside should be stalking the leaders with the other entries close in tow. As the round the turn, Holy Grail will maintain control as Great Escape continues to push the pace. The others will start they catch up runs down the backside and by the far turn it is going to get a whole lot more interesting. Holy Grail will still be clinging to the slim lead as they turn for home, but the closers will be a coming. Once passed Great Escape will swing wide and get outgamed by the gear shifters in the stretch. Holy Grail will be trying his best to get to the wire, but on this occasion, it will be just too hard to hang on. Pat C Outbounds will come with a late surge from just off the pace and steal away the victory from the clutches of defeat. Holy Grail will give a winning front running effort, but will have to settle for place. Be Limitless should continue to gain and finish a game third, as Pat C Dashboard comes from far back to make in into the money at the wire. (8-2-1-3)
Remember we will be running our Win, Place, and Dough promotion along with our second chance drawings, and the kick off of the Greyhound Summer! Don’t miss out on the best greyhound around and all of the cash, prizes and fun that will take place this weekend at bestbet Jacksonville.