The finals of the 2015 edition of the $12,500 bestbet Juvenile have been set and now we know not only who is in, but what post position they will be starting from. Loads of talent in this race as you had to win a round to get into the mix. Five of the eight finalist won 2 or more rounds, and two even won 3 of their 4 efforts. Loads of early speed tonight through breakers and rushers, and one sole closer on the rail to try and run them all down before the wire. This race will prove interesting as you never know which puppy will put on a game face and show that they are just better than the rest. Let’s take a closer look at the finalist for the 11th race on Saturday evening December 5th at bestbet Jacksonville.
1. Ww Char Fontane (Bella Infrared – Ww Kay Sun) is the only true closer in this race and probably drew the best post position out of all the finalist. She hasn’t missed the trifecta in 6 straight and has enough in the stretch to make it interesting at the wire. She MUST break well in this start if she wants a chance to win.
2. Pullanallnighter (Kc And All – Rain Over Me) is the model of consistency so far at bestbet Jacksonville. Not only was she in the quiniela in all 4 rounds of the stakes, she has been there in 14 of her 19 efforts at the racetrack. She has a good break and rush and should be around the lead throughout once again in this effort. She has all the tools, she just needs to find the lead if she wants to score tonight.
3. Arkaska Lotus (Kiowa Sweet Trey – Braska Hottie) was the winner of 3 of the 4 round in qualifying and 5 of her last 7 trips around the oval. She is really tough on the lead and could maybe even win this effort from off the pace. She likes the near midtrack post position and she could parlay that into a title in this effort if she can get to the front end early on.
4. Mac’s Melanie (Flying Coal City – Mac’s Dr Cameron) is a hot and cold runner that has really stepped up against the stakes competitors. She runs her best when she gets out of the starting box well. With a solid rush, and her not being short late, she could factor with the leaders at the finish line if the faucet is left in the hot position at the start of this effort.
5. Ww’s Sammy (Bella Infrared – Ww Kay Sun) is the most experienced greyhound in this final round field. She has twice as many grade A starts as some of the greyhounds in this race have official starts. (32) She know how to run and win, but she will need to dig deep to score from the tough 5 box in this effort. If she gets loose early on, she could be a threat tonight.
6. Lk’s Picketwire (Lk’s Now R Never – Lk’s Tiara) has history on his side as his dad was in this final in 2012. He did get the good stuff though and has shown that even with just 12 races under his belt, he can hang with the best puppies at the racetrack. Backing into the finals, he needs to find his mojo again in this effort. If he can break, watch out for the upset.
7. Super C Britni (Kc And All – Super C Arias) was the hottest greyhound heading into the stakes and continued that trend by winning the first two rounds. She has a superior break, and when she clears on top, she is tough to catch. She has missed her break in her last two efforts, and if she stands a chance at the W, she needs to find it again in this effort. The post might help out tonight.
8. Sheezsohot (Bella Infrared – Cruel To Be Kind) is currently on a three race win streak and included in that run was the fastest time in qualifying, 30.41 seconds. She has great break, great raw speed, a great post position to start this race from. The planets are aligned, the only question that remains is, Can she keep it up for another start? If she does get out fast early, this race is hers to lose.
So now for the race breakdown:
As the box pops open I see almost no way that Sheezsohot can’t make the early lead in this effort. She will not be alone though as Arkaska Lotus and Pullanallnighter should be coming out fast and rushing hard to the turn as well. The others will fall in behind them in a chasing pack, as Ww Char Fontane hugs the rail and skirts trouble at the first turn. At the turn, Sheezsohot will cling to a short lead over Pullanallnighter and Arkaska Lotus. Down the backside this trio will contend for the front end and by the far turn it will be an all out war to see who is going to come out on top at the wire. Coming into the picture late will be Ww Char Fontane on the rail as she drives by the chasers to secure a chance at the title coming home. Down the stretch everyone goes and who will win no one knows. By the midway point Sheezsohot will still be in front with Arkaska Lotus making up ground to challenge as she takes over the place position, Pullanallnighter will start to get outgamed and Ww Char Fontane will kick it up a notch and start to reel in the leaders as they approach the wire. At the finish line, Sheezsohot will last gamely in a box to wire effort for the W. Arkaska Lotus will give her all, but come up just short of the W in this effort. The chasing Pullanallnighter will survive the stretch rush by Ww Char Fontane and secure the last spot in the trifecta as Fontane settles for 4th.
Don’t forget we will have second chance drawings and 5 lucky fans will win $100 each as she draw names from the winning greyhounds box at the conclusion of the 11th race.