What a fantastic final race we have here in the 2013 Jacksonville Juvenile for Saturday evening at bestbet Orange Park. In all my years here, I don’t think I have ever seen a final where one greyhound won all 4 rounds and a pair of other took home wins in 3 of their 4 qualifying efforts.
In this race is comes down to post position and who wants it more, and trust me when I say that some greyhounds didn’t draw as well as they would have hoped.
So guts and determination is what is needed to take home the win in this race and we are chalked full of that tonight.
Let’s look at each of the finalist and then predict the outcome of the race for you.
1. Ww’s Just Enough (Kiowa Ww Brother – Ww Abundant) is a strong closer that can get loose on occasion just like he did in the 2nd round of the stakes. He likes the rail and should love starting this one in red. He has not missed the trifecta in 10 straight trips, tonight the streak should continue.
2. Ww’s Zinc (Kiowa Ww Brother – Ww’s Zin Becca) is the true puppy of the bunch and has some late closing skills of his own. The inside post suits him well and if he can get around in the conversation early on, he might have an outside shot at finish in the cash against this talented field.
3. Pat C Gatsby (Ww Time Warp – Cj’s Simple Life) is the only greyhound in this field that has won a stakes race. Overall he is the class of this field and has more grade A wins than the rest of this final round field combined. If he shows up to run, he should be the one to beat.
4. Atascocita Doris (Atascocita Leroy – Atascocita Susie) is the best early speed greyhound in this field and should be the one to catch tonight. She pays for all those lengths early in the stretch, but if she were to get some help behind her, she might be able to wire this field on the early lead. Without the lead, she will not be a factor tonight.
5. Ww’s Pour It On (Flying Hydrogen – Ww’s Fast Nadine) will be the favorite for this final as he won all 4 of the qualifying rounds and 5 of his last 6 efforts. He can win with or without the lead, but the 5 box is a rough place for him to start from. I expect a big effort, and if does get loose, this race could be his to lose.
6. Ww’s Chick A Dee (Gable Oscar – Ww Quick Chick) is a greyhound to be reckoned with after 3 wins in 4 starts in the stakes, and posting up the fastest time of 30.48 seconds. She has been breaking much better as of late and in turn she has been winning again. Really tough post here and loads of early speed on each side, so she needs to hit the lid to contend.
7. Pat C Gift Ww (Em’s Mac Attack – Ww Cava) is a strong early speed greyhound that always seems to be around the lead throughout in races. He came up big in the semi’s with a win to make this field, and is currently on a 6 race in the trifecta streak. If he wants a chance to smell the roses, he will need to come out running in this effort.
8. Gs April (Pat C Clement – Barts Heavensent) is the best closer in this field and can come from well off the pace to get into the mix at the wire. She is the only greyhound not to win a round of the stakes, but she was close several times late. Maybe she is saving it for the finals?? We will see on Saturday evening.
As for the race, this one is going to be heated from the word go! The best breakers will be on the midtrack to outside and that should give some room to the inside for the greyhounds that decide to run from the start in this effort. Here I see Atascocita Doris and Pat C Gift Ww hitting the lid and battling for early command of this race. Stalking them to the turn should be Pat C Gatsby, on the inside, Ww’s Pour It on midtrack, and Ww’s Just Enough saving ground on the rail. Doris should clear with the lead as Pat C Gift Ww finds some trouble trying to get to the rail at the turn. The only issue for Doris is that the closers will be way close and it is going to be tough for her to hold on. By the far turn, Pat C Gatsby noses by the leader Doris for control as Ww’s Pour It On is pressing just off by a length. Ww’s Just Enough is getting revved up to and has close up into contention. Down the stretch they go and it turns into a three way battle for the lead and the finish line to see just who the best puppy at the racetrack is. Gatsby clinging to a slim lead gives his all to stay there as the undefeated Ww’s Pour It On digs in deeper to challenge. Ww’s Just Enough creeps closer and closer and makes his move in the deep stretch to try and get up for the win. In the end, it might take a photo to separate them at the wire. I like the former stakes winner and class of the field Pat C Gatsby to win, followed by the monster pup Ww’s Pour It On, the ideally posted always trying threat Ww’s Just Enough, and the early pacesetter Atascocita Doris to hold on for 4th. (3-5-1-4)
There you go, no let’s all come on out and see how it really runs! LOL!
Join us for not only the best puppies at the racetrack, but for our 2nd chance drawings here on Saturday Evening December 7th at bestbet Orange Park!